About the tomb of Minh Mang (Hieu Lang) – Hue
Minh Mang Tomb is built on Cam Khe Mountain, about 12 km from Hue Citadel. Mausoleum was built from September 1840, until January 1841 King Minh Mang passed away. King Thieu Tri continued to build the tomb according to the old design. In August 1841, Minh Mang’s corpse was buried in Buu Thanh. By 1843, the construction of the new tomb was completed.
Minh Mang (1791 – 1841) was the second king of the Nguyen Dynasty. He reigned from 1820 until his death in 1841
The overall layout of Minh Mang Tomb
Minh Mang tomb has symmetrical balanced architecture. Around the axis of architecture is a divine path, through a series of works include: main door, courtyard, beer house, theaters, Hien Duc, Sung An (worship Minh Mang and Empress) , Tram Minh Lake, Minh Lau Lake, Tan Nguyet Lake (crescent moon), Quang Minh Chinh Trinh Gate, Middle Way and finally Buu Thanh (King Minh Mang Tomb). Lang has an area of 18 hectares. Around the mausoleum there is La Citadel. Between the architectural features are lotus lake and the hills covered with smooth pine, creating a landscape that is both charming and spectacular.
DAI HONG MON
The head of Shinto is Hong Hong Mon, the gate to the mausoleum, built of brick lime, higher than 9m, 12m wide. The gate has three aisles with 24 low leaf roofs and a lot of dragon carving designs, long … are considered typical of the Nguyen tripod gate. The gate is open only once to bring the king’s coffin into the tomb, then closed, the door must go through two extra ports are Ta Hong Mon and Hugo Hong Mon.
After the Great Hong Mon is Bai Dinh, paving Bat Trang (yard 45x45m wide), the two sides of the martial arts, horses with stone horse stand. At the end of the courtyard is Bi Dinh located on Phung Than Son, inside of which is the “Thanh Thao Thien” stone statue of King Thieu Tri writing inscriptions on the biography and merit of his father. The next large courtyard divided into four major steps to reduce the feeling of overwhelmed by the immensity of the architecture, the court yard.
Hien Duc Mon opened the area for electricity impregnation, which was limited to one layer into square symbols of the ground (from the idea of round heaven, square soil). Sung An is located in the middle of the center, surrounded by the Ta Mu, the Electricity Association (before) and Ta Huu Tung Room (behind) as the surrounding satellites. In the altar of the king and Queen Empress Thien.
Hart Trach Mon is the end of the area implanted electricity, opening a space of flowers and water clouds behind. All realistic works seem to stop at the electrolysis area. From here, start a new world full of leisure, transcendent and boundless. 17 stone steps lead visitors to the blue sky cool trees and fragrant smell of wild flowers.
Three bridges: Ta Phu (left), Middle Way (middle), Huu Bat (right) crossing the Trung Minh Lake as a blue silk, bringing visitors to Minh Lau – a project like the start from the hill named Tam Son Son. Minh Long means the morning light, where the king ponders on the cool moonlit night, the place of return of the noble soul, the square dot ending a finite world; is the “boom boom” of “human” is compared by the shape of the tomb.
Minh Lau is the interpretation of the universe and human life of the ancient. This square, two-story, eight-story building is a symbol of Oriental philosophy. The two sides of Minh Lau, on the back are two majestic pillars erected on Binh Son and Thanh Son meaning that the king had “peace of merit” before returning to eternity.
A moon-shaped lake named Tan Nguyet embraces Buu Thanh. This is the image of the boundless world. The “moon” shape, such as the “sound” cover, protects the “Yang” element is Buu Thanh – symbol of the sun. This architectural representation expresses the ancient conception of the transformation of all things. That is the factor that makes the universe.
Behind Minh Lau are two flower gardens that symmetrically cross the Shinto Road.
Passing through the Bridge of Tightness across the Lake Tan Nguyet has 33 levels to take visitors to the resting place of the king, located in the heart of a hill named Revelation Son, limited by Buu Thanh circle . This circle is located between the concentric circles of the logo, made up of Tan Nguyet Lake, La Thanh Mountain, and the horizon as if to express the desire to embrace the earth and its desire to universalize the universe. late king.
The sides of the mausoleum have many works symmetrically in pairs. Unfortunately, time and rainy winds have destroyed them so today visitors no longer see the beautiful palaces and pavilions dangling between the trees, the night sky shining down the lake. There are works such as Ta Tung Room on Tinh Son; Huu Tung Room on Y Son; Lan Hien on Duc Hoa Son; Linh Phuong on Tao Son; Visiting Trai on Phuc Am Son; Hu Hoai Ta on Tran Thuy island …
Artistic value of Minh Mang Tomb
Beside a series of architectural works of high artistic value and aesthetics, there are nearly 600 letter boxes engraving poems on Bi Đình, Hien Duc Mon, Sung An and Minh Lau are also invaluable works. . It was a “poetry museum” of Vietnamese poetry in the early nineteenth century, which displayed the knowledge, wisdom and sentiments of the ancients. From a mountainous wilderness, through the hands of labor and creativity of human beings formed a majestic mausoleum, brilliant architecture, both in harmony with nature and deep by the value. thought.
Visiting Minh Mang, visitors think of themselves lost in the space of painting, poetry and philosophy. The majesty, the stillness of architecture and the erotic scenery of nature, the flowers show the strict nature, erudite knowledge and romantic soul of the king. In twenty years, Minh Mang has given Dai Nam a strong identity, a new prosperity for Nguyen. And that man lay down in the midst of the “heavenly paradise” filled with birds singing, flowers … with complete peace and contentment.
History of Minh Mang Tomb
Being king for 7 years, Minh Mang for people looking for land to build a shingle for themselves. Geographer Le Van Duc has chosen a good land in Cam Ky Mountain, near Bang Lang Fork, where confluence of two sources Ta Trach and Huu Trach to form the romantic Perfume River. But it must be 14 years to consider. In 1840, the king decided to build his mausoleum in this place.
Hieu Son born
The king renamed Mount Cam Ke (in An Bang hamlet, Huong Tra district) to Hieu Son and called the tomb of Hieu Lang. The king himself reviewed and approved the design chart by the guards Bui Cong Huyen, Truong Dang Que and the Guardian.
In April 1840, the construction of Hiếu Lăng started. The king sent Le Dang Danh, Nguyen Trung Mau and Ly Van Phuc command the soldiers and workers to dig up here to fill La Thanh.
In August 1840, Minh Mang checked that the job of digging the Ho Chi Minh Lake was not satisfactory, downgrading the watchmen and suspending work. One month later, the work was continued, Minh Mang fell sick and suddenly died in January 1841.
King Thiệu Trị continued to venerate the King
King Thieu Tri came to the throne, only one month later (February 1841) sent officials Ta Quang Cu, Ha Duy Phien, Nguyen Tri Phuong commanded nearly 10,000 soldiers and construction workers to follow the plan. the king’s father left.
On August 20, 1841, Minh Mang’s corpse was buried in Buu Thanh, but the construction of the tomb until the beginning of 1843 was completed. From a mountainous wilderness, through the hands of labor and creativity of human beings formed a majestic mausoleum, brilliant architecture, both in harmony with nature and deep by the value. thought.
Architecture of Ming Ling
In the area covered by the 1,750m long ring, an architectural complex of palaces, castles, and pavilions was posted on a shaft along the 700m long Shinto line, starting with Dai Hong Go to the foot of the city after the king. The shape of a tomb resting in a very comfortable position, knee up Kim Phung mountain, legs stretched to the confluence of three rivers in front, the two sides of Chen Ming Lake as the arms naturally surrender.
From outside, the works are distributed on three axes parallel to each other, which is the central axis. Between the architectural works are lotus lake and the hills covered with smooth pine, creating a landscape both charming and spectacular.
Collected from many sources: Tran Duc Anh Son ( hueworldheritage.org.vn) & (BY LIFE & LIFE)