Visiting Tu Duc Tomb (Kham Lang) Hue – Vietnam. Tu Duc Tomb is one of the most beautiful buildings of the Nguyen Dynasty. The poet of Tu Duc (1848-1883) chose a place of rest, worthy of his position, in accordance with the preferences and aspirations of the most learned and profoundly educated man in the world. Nguyen Kings. Mausoleum is located in a narrow valley of Duong Xuan Thuong village, Cu Chanh general (now Thuong Ba village, Thuy Xuan commune, Hue city).
About Hit the King of Tu Duc
With 36 years of reign, Tu Duc was the longest of the 13 Nguyen kings. His name is Nguyen Phuc Hong Nham, the second son of King Thieu Tri. According to the law of the feudal regime, his brother, Hong Bao, was the new throne. But due to his inferior talents, Hong Bao’s temperament was so widespread that he was deposed by the king’s father, so he rose to throne as King Tu Duc – a gentle, Patriotic but weak physically, the character is somewhat silverish and pessimistic.
Pictures of King Tu Duc
History of Tu Duc Tomb
King in the difficult social context, outside the invaders attacked foreign invaders, inside the fraternal brothers won each other throne, the king himself sick, sick so no children. Tu Duc is a fate of miserable tragedy. To avoid this harsh life, Tu Duc built this mausoleum as a second home for sorrow and peace at “sudden departure”, as the king once said: Let’s just say the weak! “(Khiem Cung Ky).
The Construction of Tomb of Tu Duc
Tu Duc Tomb has many names associated with each historical moment. The mausoleum was started in 1864 with five thousand soldiers. The new tomb was named Van Nien Co. To build the tomb for the planned time (6 years), hundreds of thousands of workers, workers must work from dawn to dawn. Meanwhile, their lives are extremely difficult: not eating enough, torn clothes, often bruised skin bruises. The scene of hard labor that caused anger in the hearts of the people, in the folk have the same verse about the works of Tu Duc as the following;
“The thousand years is a thousand years
Build bone soldiers, trench the blood of the people.
The construction of Van Nien Co has caused dissatisfaction among the population
Meaning of the name of the call
When the construction began, King Tu Duc named Van Nien Co set for the project. After two years of construction, because of the unbearable oppression, the builders of the insurgency, the history books called larderism. Named so by these workers using the pestle slashing as weapons to enter the capital Hue. Rebels came in three ways: Chuong Duc, Hien Nhon, Hoa Binh, but the rebellion failed and was drowned in blood. After this change, the king had to change the name of the fortune into Khiem Cung and write a testimony to confession. By 1873, the new King was completed, King Tu Duc still live 10 more years to die.
Structure of Tu Duc Tomb
The layout of the lagoon consists of two main parts, arranged on two vertical axes parallel to each other, together with Giang Chiem Mountain in the front as a forecaster, Yang Xuan Mountain as the back porch, Liu Khiem Lake as the main road.
Full view of Tu Duc Tomb as a large park. There are streams all year round, pine trees, birds singing. The element that is fully respected in Tu Duc Tomb is the harmony of the lines. There are no straight roads, as angular as other architectures, instead the Bat Trang paved road starts from the Khiem Gate passing through Khiem Cung Cung and winding winding in front of the tomb. Suddenly hidden in the large porcelain trees near the tomb of Queen Le Thien Anh.
Human creativity in harmony with the natural landscape creates a romantic, romantic scene. In the seduction of the water, that floral fragrance, people like to forget that it is the tomb of a deceased who thinks paradise of plants, poetry and dream …
Nearly 50 structures in the tombs in both the area and the tomb are Khiem in the name. Going out of the Khiem and Son Temple shrines, visitors walk on the main road leading to the shrine area, where the former resting place, entertainment of the king.
Door of the entrance to Tu Duc Tomb
Chi Khiem Street where the wives of the king
At first, Chi Khiem was on the left, where the king’s wives worshiped. Next to the three stone bar stairs leading up to Khiem Cung Mon – a two-storey long-tiered building as a first to the lake with Liu Khiem in front.
Khiem Cung Mon
Ho Huu Khiem is a small stream flowing in the area of the mausoleum, dug into the lake. It is the “road” to “water”, “accumulation”, and the place to drop lotus create scene. In the middle of the lake there is Tinh Khiem Island with flower fields and small caves for rare animals. On Huu Khiem Lake, there are Khiem Khiem and Khiem Huu, where the king came to admire flowers, write poems, read books …
The three bridges of Tuan Khiem, Do Khiem and Do Khiem pass through the lake leading to the vast expanses of green grass and flowers, such as bringing them into the world of fairies, virtual dreams in the middle of normal life.
Luu Khiem lake
Tu Duc Tomb is considered a miniature park thanks to the island of Tinh Khiem in the middle of the lake. On the island for flowers and raising rare animals. The king also raised deer in the garden in Tung Khiem Institute, Dung Khiêm Institute. On the lake, there is also Khung Khiem and Khiem Khiem, where the king often retreats to enjoy elegant flowers, reading … are the bridges of Tiem Khiem, Doi Khiem and Do Khiem. Through the other side of the lake, we will be able to reach the hill of the wind.
Xung Khiem Ta and the Tuan Khiem bridge
Tinh Khiem Island between Lake Luu Khiem
Du khiem ta
Inside Khiem Cung Mon is the king’s resting place at every cost. Hoa Khiem is located in the center, in front of the king for the work of water, now the place of worship of the king and queen.
Hoa Khiem power station is Khiem Cung Mon
Inside Khiem Cung Mon is the area where the king rests whenever he comes. In the middle is Hoa Khiem electricity for the king to work, now the place of worship of the king and queen. The left and right, the French Dharma and the humble Vu ceremony for the martial arts.
After Hoa Khiem Electricity is Luong Khiem, ancient place is the resting place of the king, later used to worship the spirit of Tu Du, the mother of King Tu Duc. Luong Khiem’s right is On Khiem Street – the place reserved. Especially, on the left side of Luong Khiem Opera House, there is the Minh Khiem Theater for the King to sing, considered one of Vietnam’s oldest theaters.
There is a corridor from the Khmer Rouge that leads to the Khmer Rouge Palace and the Khmer Rouge Palace where the king lived, even when the king was alive as well as when the king died. Nearby is Tung Khiem Institute, Dung Khem Institute and the king’s garden.
Hoa Khiem is a place of worship of Tu Duc and Hoang Hau
The two sides are French Khmu Vu and Vu Kham Vu for the audience. As the filial son, the king to save Luong Khiem, to worship the mother body is Tu Du. Luong Khiem’s right is On Khiem Street – where to store and store items of the king.
Dien Luong Khiem
Particularly, in the tomb there is the royal theater named Minh Khiem road was built by Emperor Tu Duc in order to serve his hobby of singing, this is considered one of the oldest theater of Vietnam is still.
Minh Khiem Duong Theater
Not only the place where the performance, Minh Khiem Duong was also sent by Emperor Tu Duc in the soul through the decoration with the stars.
The constellations are decorated in Minh Khiem Theater
There is a corridor from Khen Khiem that leads to Khiem Khiem and the Khmer Palace as the residence of the royal court, even when the king is still in the ice.
Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
Exit the area of electricity, visitors follow the winding road leading to the tomb. Immediately after Bai Dinh with two rows of statues of martial arts majesty is Bi Dinh with a stone plate weighing 20 tons with engraved “Khiem Cung Ky” written by the king. Two statues of martial artists to minister to the other side of the world
Entrance to Bai Dinh
Statue in front of Bai Dinh
Bai Dinh in Tu Duc Tomb
After the temple is Bi Dinh, which has a stone plate of Thanh Hoa weighing 20 tons with “Khiem Cung Ky” inscribed by the king himself. The reason is “Hiem Cung Ky” rather than the “holy spirit” as other mausoleums by the monarch Tu Duc, without children. Khiem Cung Ky “long 4,935 words, self-narrative about life, the king’s success, success, failure. Next to the stelae are two pillars stand proud of the authority and virtue of the king. Ho met with the rain water to cleanse the king soul before escaping!
Bi Dinh with two pillars on both sides
Stone stone carved posture
On the hill on the other side of the semicircular peninsula is the Buu Thanh Buu Thanh built of brick and the middle of the grave of King Tu Duc built on three layers of stone, but now no one knows exactly the king’s body Is not that right here?
Entrance to Buu Thanh where the grave of King Tu Duc is located
Tomb of King Tu Duc
There is also a special area in this mausoleum that is not widely known, that is the Mausoleum where the rest of King Kien Phuc, the 7th king of the Nguyen Dynasty, is also located on the site of King Huong Phuc. Tu Duc was adopted at the age of 2. He entered the throne in 1883, but after only eight months the king died abruptly at a very young age
After 10 years of Khiem Lang was completed, King Tu Duc died in 1883. He officially rested in this beautiful tombs. Tu Duc tomb attract tourists by beauty fairy, the human heart to heaven.
Source: lichsunuocvietnam.com & hueworldheritage.org.vn