Visiting My Son Holy Land in Da Nang
My Son is a lively cultural vestige that preserves the values of Cham people. According to archeologists, My Son Holy Land is the center of religious culture of the Cham state when the capital of this country is Tra Kieu or Dong Duong.
History of the formation and development of the Holy Land Son Son:
According to the history books, there is no mention of the formation of the Mỹ Sơn Holy Land. Only on the relics of the archaeologists found under the sign of King Bhadravarman I and the stele with the inscription Sanskrit. The king reigned from 381 to 413. Based on this, the My Son Holy Land is believed to have formed in the 4th century.
My Son was built in the worship of Linga and the god Shiva of India
– In the early 7th century, the shrine was built of brick by King Sambhuvarman (reigning from 577 to 629), by sitting wooden temple was burnt in a large fire here and the new temple was built. and survive to this day.
– At the end of the 7th century to the 14th century, the next dynasties repaired the old temples and built many new large and small towers to the gods. (Brick and construction materials of the Champa people have been associated with the construction techniques so that the temples are very durable, spanning many centuries and still exist, which is a mystery not yet known by scientists. ).
– In 1694, after the Champa kingdom was collapsed and dying, My Son Holy Land was also forgotten.
– In 1885, My Son Holy Land was discovered by French explorers.
– In 1898 -> 1899, two archaeologists Louis de Finot and Launet de Lajonquere of France studied the epitaphs of My Son Holy Land.
In 1901, French archaeologist Henri Parmentier studied art at the site.
– In 1904, Henri Parmentier and Olrpeaus carried archaeological excavations at the shrine and published the basic material on the Holy Land of My Son.
– At present, excavation results in My Son Holy Land show that the Cham King was buried here in the fourth century, the total of architectural works here are 70 large and small towers. According to archeologists of My Son Holy Land is the center of religious culture of the Cham state when the capital of this country is Tra Kieu or Dong Duong.